The Indispensable Guide to Nails Suitable for Every Skill Level.
The care and creation of professional-looking fingernails is big business. This comprehensive guide covers everything from basic at-home nail care and the history of nail polish to how to set up a salon and master advanced techniques. Leigh Toselli provides expert guidance for both novices and professional technicians.
Detailed instructions and color photographs cover:
* Equipment and tools, including solvents and adhesives
* Nail tips, wraps, acrylic nails and gels
* French manicures, nail art gems, gold leaf, airbrushing and stencils
* Nail and hand structure
* Nail disorders, conditions and diseases, including brittle nails, hangnails, white spots and fungal infections
* Skin conditions and joint problems, such as eczema, warts and arthritis.
Toselli also provides step-by-step instructions for manicures and pedicures, including water manicures, hot oil manicures and paraffin wax procedures. She also includes information on hazards and precautions as well as massage tips.
Complemented by more than 500 inspiring color photographs, Pro Nail Care is the complete guide to Nail Care.
Nail Structure & Chemistry is a unique text that explores the artificial and natural nail in an interesting and easy-to-understand manner.
The only book of its kind available, it brings together authoritative information from diverse fields including dermatology; toxicology; anatomy & physiology; chemistry; physics; and materials science to provide the reader with a deeper understanding of nails. The information covers a wide range of topics including the growth and structure of the natural nail; normal versus abnormal natural nails, nail disorders; the chemistry of artificial nail products, nail polishes, and treatments; the use of electric files; understanding and avoiding skin allergies; improving ventilation; and much, much more.
Authored by a leading research scientist in this field, the text serves as an informational guide for anyone interested in learning more about how and why professional nail products work; how to troubleshoot, understand and solve most common salon problems; why products sometimes don't work and how to avoid these problems; how to give clients trouble-free nails/services, and more.
Updated to include discussions of new products, services, problems, and misunderstandings in the field, and filled with four-color photographs that illustrate key concepts, this easy-to-read book provides answers to many questions regarding the science and technology of nails.
How To Start a Nail Salon Business: (Start Up Tips to Boost Your Nail Salon Business Success) is a simple and easy to apply book in which you will discover the essential first steps to take to start your business on the road to profit, in the shortest time possible.
Inside you'll discover...
* Setting Up A Nail Salon Business: An Overview
* How to Name Your Business - Why 99% of Small Business Owners Slip Up Here - And How To Avoid "Poor Name" Pitfalls
* The Easy Way to Draw Up a Business Plan - No More Wasted Time & Effort
* Calculating Your Start-up Costs - So Your Money Goes Further
* How to Obtain Small Business Grants - Follow These Little-Known Rules
* Getting Insurance for Your Business - The Right Way
* How to Trademark Your Business Name and Logo - So Your Business Is Protected From The Start
* Writing an LLC Operating Agreement - What To Do And Why
* How To Write a Company Brochure - So Customers Want What You Offer
* How to Lease Office Space - And Get The Best Price
* Managing Your Employees
* How to Market Your Business - So You Bring In Customers Fast
A Nail Salon that OUTPERFORMS and OUTLASTS your competition? As Nail Technicians this is what we all want right? To outperform and outlast, there has to be strategies in place and actions taken in your Nail Salon that are different to the others! To stand out from the competition takes more than just a beautiful looking salon with talented staff. There has to be that EDGE, that QUALITY that makes your salon a stand out that your clients will want to keep coming back to! A certain STAR QUALITY that the other salons don’t have and that you can use wisely to set yourself apart.
In The Nail Technicians Business Guide - How to Outperform and Outlast Your Competition you will discover:
* The foundations in your Nail Salon that need to be working well
* WHY clients will come to YOU
* How to build a FULL CLIENT list in your Nail Salon
* Getting your clients to STAY
* Marketing your Nail Salon business for BEST SUCCESS
* Salon Professionalism
* Business Planning and Development
* Financial MASTERY and Freedom
The ingredients for long lasting success also include YOU. Believing you can do it and taking the ACTION to move towards your goals. Knowing the steps to take makes it so simple and they are all here in this book for you to get the results you have been looking for.