Many students complete their secondary schooling unsure of the Career Path they wish to pursue. Still very few complete Post-Secondary Education knowing their chosen career path. Information to guide students on choosing their career paths is not readily available locally. The few career guidance showcases put on by the School System falls short of providing meaningful information for students. The importance of knowing at an early stage the pathway to a chosen career is invaluable as it saves time, worry, anxiety and financial resources.
This is where Dawn French and her Careers Series come in. Whether you are a parent, a student or someone looking to a new career, this series provides invaluable information on the common Career Pathways. The information presented is simple to understand and straight to the point. The series provides information on Academic Qualifications/Skills Requirements, Educational Institutions, Scholarship/Financial Aid Opportunities, an Interview Primer & Potential Employment Opportunities.
I encourage everyone interested in pursuing a career to get their hands on a copy of their chosen Career book. This little investment will pay off huge dividends in the long term as it will guide you in pursuing your chosen Career.
Providing a sound foundation of Pathology Knowledge, Pathology for the Health Professions gives you a clear, concise, clinically relevant overview of general pathology, including injury, inflammation, and neoplasia, followed by a detailed review of each organ system. A DEPPiCT Approach presents each major disease in the same format that includes, when feasible, a description of Disease, Etiology, Pathogenesis, Pathology, Clinical features, and Therapy or prognosis.
* A clear, non-technical writing style makes complex concepts more engaging and easier to understand.
* UNIQUE! DEPPiCT approach helps you study more efficiently by presenting each major disease in format that includes a Disease description, Etiology, Pathogenesis, Pathology, Clinical features, and a short discussion on Therapy or prognosis.
* More than 500 full-color images reinforce your understanding of disease conditions and general pathology principles.
* Learning objectives and review questions help you identify the most important concepts and assess your understanding of essential principles.
* Key terms are listed in each chapter and in a comprehensive glossary to help you easily access definitions of terms.
* Study tools on a companion Evolve website help you review key anatomy and physiology and provide answers to review questions in the text
* More than 50 new clinical photographs and illustrations clarify complex pathology concepts.
* UNIQUE! 18 additional Did You Know boxes throughout the text reflect current health care concerns and help you apply content in the book to everyday practice.
* 76 new key terms and definitions familiarize you with important words you'll encounter on the job.
Get the BIG PICTURE of Pathology - and focus on what you really need to know to score high on the course and board exam
If you want a streamlined and definitive look at Pathology - one with just the right balance of information to give you the edge at exam time - turn to Pathology: The Big Picture. You'll find a succinct, user-friendly presentation especially designed to make even the most complex concept understandable in the shortest amount of study time possible.
This perfect pictorial and textual overview of Pathology delivers:
* A “Big Picture” emphasis on what you must know verses “what's nice to know”
* Expert authorship by award-winning, active instructors
* Coverage of the full range of pathology topics - everything from cellular adaptations and injury to genetic disorders to inflammation to diseases of immunity
* Magnificent 4-color illustrations
* Numerous summary tables and figures for quick reference and rapid retention of even the most difficult topic
* Highlighted key concepts that underscore integral aspects of histology (key concepts are also listed in a table at the end of each chapter)
* USMLE-type questions, answers, and explanations to help you anticipate what you'll encounter on the exams
And much more!